What We Do
- First, we select an awesome children’s book that we think every kid (and adults, too) should read. This is always a hard process since there are so many terrific books out there, but luckily, we work at Little Shop of Stories, a children’s bookstore in Decatur, and we are basically experts at Children’s Lit. The selected book is the cornerstone of our program, and everything we do in the fall centers around the book.
- We plan really fun events, like book clubs, movie screenings, and parties.
- We get schools on board and send volunteers directly to the classroom.
- We donate hundreds of books to at-risk students.
- We give every kid who reads the book an “I am On The Same Page” wristband. They are pretty much all the rage right now.
- We end the program with a grand-finale visit from the author, because there’s no better way to celebrate a book than with the author who wrote it!